Winter Hand-building: Monday Mornings, 9:30am -12:30pm, January 15th - March 4th, 2024
Have you always dreamed of making beautiful pottery using traditional hand-building techniques? Our 8-week class is the perfect introduction to making your own functional pottery!
Our friendly, experienced instructors create a supportive atmosphere that encourages exploration and skill-building at your own pace. Through the course you’ll learn these essential techniques:
- use coiling, slab-building, and pinching techniques
- making basic forms like cups, bowls, platters, and vases
- trimming and finishing your pieces
- how to make and attach handles
- surface decoration and glazing
Perfect for beginners and more experienced students alike! At the end of this 8-week class, you’ll come away with a new-found appreciation for this ancient art form, confidence in your new skills... and your very own handmade pottery!
Students who are enrolled in our 8-week classes also get access to the studio during designated Open Studio times!
And the fine print:
- This class is in-person at our Wallingford studio.
- Our beautiful studio has just about everything you need, except for a simple set of pottery tools. Bring your own or purchase one of pottery essentials sets available at the studio on your first day of class.
- One bag of clay is included as part of your tuition. Any clay after that, will be $20 per bag.
- While we highly recommend that you attend all sessions in a series in order to get the most out of the class, we also understand that you may need to miss a class. If this is your first time at our studio, please make sure you are able to attend your first class date.
We are using a lottery registration for our 8-week classes, grab a lottery ticket to enter.