Winter Intermediate Wheel: Tuesday Evenings, 6:30-9:30 pm, January 18th - March 8th 2022
Are you ready to level up your pottery-wheel game? Our Intermediate Wheel class might be a perfect next step for you!
Students must have at least 16 weeks of recent prior pottery wheel classes and be able to competently center two-three pounds of clay to register for this class.
While we build the curriculum around the goals and of the students in the class, you can expect to cover techniques such as:
- making larger bowls and cylinders
- making lidded vessels
- making spouted and pouring vessels
- making plates and platters
- making multiples and matched sets
- new surface decoration techniques
Students who are enrolled in our 8-week classes also get access to the studio during designated Open Studio times: come in and practice your throwing!
And the fine print:
- Our beautiful studio has just about everything you need, except for a simple set of pottery tools. Bring your own or purchase a simple kit from us on the first day of class.
- Clay is charged separately; one bag costs $20 and is perfect for most students for 8 weeks.
- While we highly recommend that you attend all sessions in a series in order to get the most out of the class, we also understand that you may need to miss a class. If this is your first time at our studio, please make sure you are able to attend your first class date.
- This class is for intermediate students.
Saltstone Ceramics requires proof of vaccination status from our students in order to participate in classes. To learn more about our policy click here
This class is taught be Jessica Cheng