Winter Hand-building: Monday Mornings, 9:00am -11:00am , January 17th-March 7th, 2021
Have you always dreamed of making beautiful pottery using traditional hand-building techniques? Our 8-week class is the perfect introduction to making your own functional pottery!
Our friendly, experienced instructors create a supportive atmosphere that encourages exploration and skill-building at your own pace. Through the course you’ll learn these essential techniques:
- use coiling, slab-building, and pinching techniques
- making basic forms like cups, bowls, platters, and vases
- trimming and finishing your pieces
- how to make and attach handles
- surface decoration and glazing
Perfect for beginners and more experienced students alike! At the end of this 8-week class, you’ll come away with a new-found appreciation for this ancient art form, confidence in your new skills... and your very own handmade pottery!
Students who are enrolled in our 8-week classes also get access to the studio during designated Open Studio times!
And the fine print:
- This class is in-person at our Wallingford studio.
- Our beautiful studio has just about everything you need, except for a simple set of pottery tools. Bring your own or purchase one of pottery essentials sets available at the studio on your first day of class.
- Clay is charged separately; one bag costs $20 is perfect for most students for 6 weeks.
- While we highly recommend that you attend all sessions in a series in order to get the most out of the class, we also understand that you may need to miss a class. If this is your first time at our studio, please make sure you are able to attend your first class date.
Saltstone Ceramics requires proof of vaccination status from our students in order to participate in classes. To learn more about our policy click here
This class is taught by Ashley Campbell.