Winter Beginner Wheel: Wednesday Mornings, 9:30am-12:30pm, January 29th - March 18th
Have you always dreamed of throwing on the potter’s wheel? Our 8-week class is the perfect introduction to making your own functional pottery!
Our friendly, experienced instructors create a supportive atmosphere that encourages exploration and skill-building at your own pace. Through the course you’ll learn these essential techniques:
- making basic forms like cups and bowls
- trimming your thrown pottery
- how to make and attach handles
- surface decoration and glazing
Students who are enrolled in our 8-week classes also get free access to the studio during designated Open Studio times: come in and practice your throwing!
At the end of this 8-week class, you’ll come away with a new-found appreciation for this ancient art form, confidence in your new skills... and your very own handmade pottery!
And the fine print:
- While this class is geared towards beginners, everyone is welcome.
- Our beautiful studio has just about everything you need, except for a simple set of pottery tools. Bring your own or purchase one of pottery essentials sets put together for us by Artist & Craftsman Supply (available at the studio on your first day of class).
- Clay is charged separately; one bag costs $20 is perfect for most students for 8 weeks.
- While we highly recommend that you attend all sessions in a series in order to get the most out of the class, we also understand that you may need to miss a class. If this is your first time at our studio, please make sure you are able to attend your first class date.
This class is taught by Sarah Steininger Leroux.