Winter Intermediate/Beginner Hybrid Wheel: Thursday Mornings, 9:30 am -12:30 pm, January 19th-March 9th, 2023
Have you been through a couple beginner classes now and are looking to level up your skills?
This class is intended to bridge the beginner class and intermediate class. It will use building blocks from our beginner demos, and incorporate new challenges for those who have taken a few classes in the past.
While we build the curriculum around the goals and of the students in the class, you can expect to cover techniques such as:
- making larger bowls and cylinders
- learning intermediate trimming skills
- making spouted and pouring vessels
- making plates and platters
- making multiples and matched sets
- new surface decoration techniques
We recommend taking this class if you have at least 2 months of clay experience, feel confident making small forms and glazing.
Students who are enrolled in our 8-week classes also get access to the studio during designated Open Studio times: come in and practice your throwing!
And the fine print:
- Our beautiful studio has just about everything you need, except for a simple set of pottery tools. Bring your own or purchase one of pottery essentials sets available at the studio on your first day of class.
- One bag of clay is included as part of your tuition. Any clay after that, will be $20 per bag.
- While we highly recommend that you attend all sessions in a series in order to get the most out of the class, we also understand that you may need to miss a class. If this is your first time at our studio, please make sure you are able to attend your first class date.
We're using a lottery system to make access to our eight-week classes more equitable. If you'd like to take this class (or any of our eight-week classes in the Winter 2023 session), then register for a free lottery ticket here.