Now that we've re-opened the studio in a limited capacity, I thought it would be good to recap the policies and procedures we've put in place to keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible.
- Masks must be worn properly at all times in the studio. No exceptions. We offer contact-less sidewalk pickup for online orders if wearing a mask is a burden for you.
- We've upgraded our scheduling software to make sure there's a hard cap on the number of people who will be in the studio at any one time. We're regularly checking in with staff and members to make sure the cap is appropriate and everyone feels comfortable.
- Our regular class size (12) has been reduced down to just five people to make sure that everyone has plenty of room. We've added plastic barriers to all our wheels and tables to help prevent aerosol transmission.
- We have hand sanitizer available at the front desk for everyone to use when they arrive.
- Sanitizing spray is available at all the stations and is used when cleaning all work surfaces.
- We ask everyone to affirm they've been free of coronavirus-related symptoms before they use the studio.
- We've added a HEPA filter to the wheel-throwing studio, and we run a 3-micron air filter (not HEPA, but still helpful) in the glazing room. We also open the back door and run an exhaust fan to promote good air circulation.
We care deeply about the health and security of everyone in our community, from the staff to students to people who love browsing the gallery. If you have ideas about how we could improve the safety of the studio, please don't hesitate to let us know.