Join us for a Live Remote Empty Bowls Auction
Supporting Black Lives Matter King County!
July 7th at 5pm on Instagram Live
@saltstoneceramics and @phipottery
Empty Bowl fundraisers have a long tradition in the ceramics community: folks gather for a simple dinner, and raise money for charity by buying the actual dinnerware they're using. We wish we could gather and fill our bowls together, but in our new socially-distant reality, we've replaced the communal soup with delicious recipes contributed by the potters themselves.
This Empty Bowl auction will feature a beautiful variety of bowls donated from some incredibly talented local potters: Sarah Steininger Leroux, Phi Le, Laura Skiles-Bundy, Grace Martinez, Jennifer Nerad, Cara Larson, and Devin Ball.
Here's how the auction will work:
- Join us on Instagram Live at 5pm on July 7th: @saltstoneceramics or @phipottery
- We will list all the auction items right here on this page! Check back this weekend. Each item will be assigned a bidding code and a minimum bid.
- To bid, just type into the live-stream's chat. Type the item number and the amount you'd like to bid. For example: 103 $95
- Each item will be available for bidding for 20 seconds and will go to the highest bidder at the end of the bidding time. Remember, this is all for a good cause, so ending the auction is at the auctioneer's discretion. Nobody wants to get in the way of a good bidding war!
- If the minimum bid is not reached, we will return to that item with a lower minimum bid at the end of the auction.
- If your bid is the highest, go donate the bid amount to Black Lives Matter King County and email us the receipt (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If you'd like to have your piece shipped to you, purchase shipping here (make sure to include the BLM fundraiser and the bidding code in the notes on the purchase). Otherwise, we will coordinate a pick up from Saltstone Ceramics or Phi Pottery.