QUEER and DEAR opens June 1st!

The Blog

All About Sold-Out Classes

Saltstone Ceramics

All About Sold-Out Classes

We released all the classes for our Winter Session last Friday, and they quickly sold out. That left lots of our customers feeling frustrated, so we wanted to address some concerns and questions people are bringing up. I must give someone a pottery class! What can I do? We sell gift cards that can be used for future classes and workshops, private lessons, beautiful artisanal goods, and everything else we sell. Classes are only sold out for now, not forever. We open registration for new classes every single month. Your next opportunity to register for classes is Friday, January 3rd at noon,...


Small Business Saturday is November 30th

Saltstone Ceramics

Tags news

Small Business Saturday is November 30th

We're excited to throw open our doors to another Small Business Saturday on November 30th! Join us as we celebrate the important contributions that small independent businesses (like us!) make on a local and global scale. We'll have one-day discounts on work from some of your favorite potters and other artisans. Spin the prize wheel with every purchase. And we'll have cookies! We'll be open from 11am until 6pm. See you there!


Setting Up Your Studio, Part 1:<br/> Location Matters

You’ve been taking classes for a while and you love it. So much, in fact, that you’re starting to think about setting up a little studio or workspace in that spare bedroom/garage/basement/shed/un-used corner/closet. Congratulations! One of the most common questions I get from students at this stage is how to set up a home workspace for clay, and in this series of blog posts I will talk about what to consider when setting up a new pottery studio–including safety, systems, equipment, and scale. But before we dive in to the advice, start by asking yourself: “what kind of work do...


New Work:
Saltstone Gift Packs

Saltstone Ceramics

Tags new work

New Work:<br/>Saltstone Gift Packs

Sarah Steininger Leroux's amazing Pistachio Ash Cream glaze is making an appearance in the shop this week: We've got new versions of the Saltstone Coffee Lovers Gift Pack, the great Saltstone Salty Gift Pack, and more!


New Work:
Mountain Fox Goods

Saltstone Ceramics

Tags new work

New Work:<br/>Mountain Fox Goods

Fine leather wallets and keychains from Mountain Fox Goods are back once again for the holidays!


New Work:
Ruby Pear Woodworks

Saltstone Ceramics

Tags new work

New Work:<br/>Ruby Pear Woodworks

Seattle's own Ruby Pear Woodworks is now making handy pottery ribs in a variety of beautiful woods.


New Work:
The Beige Motel

Saltstone Ceramics

New Work:<br/>The Beige Motel

Decorative wall hangings to brighten up any room!


Completing the Craft Circle

Steve Leroux

Tags thoughts

Completing the Craft Circle

We don't really make much money on gallery sales. There's a few reasons for that: First and most importantly, we pay a 60% commission on most work we sell. We know how hard it is to make a living as an independent artist, and we believe our artists deserve the biggest slice of the pie. But that remaining 40% has to stretch a long way: it costs about $200 per day to keep the gallery staffed; shipping costs can eat another 10% - 20% of the sales price; there's the labor to inventory and photograph and store and display and rearrange and...


New Work:
Laura Skiles Bundy

Saltstone Ceramics

Tags new work

New Work:<br/>Laura Skiles Bundy

A fresh batch of Laura Skiles Bundy's distinctive hand-built pottery is in store and online!


New Work:
Jennifer Fujimoto

Saltstone Ceramics

Tags new work

New Work:<br/>Jennifer Fujimoto

New decorative work from Jennifer Fujimoto is in stock: bud vases, planters, and...kokeshi dolls!